Illustration for the Website: The God Murders
"A New Human Being Is Born" - Paulo Zerbato/2009
(The content of this text is the responsibility of the author and not necessarily I agree with the opinion and his point of view! Paulo Zerbato.)
Counter AA 12-Step Program
By Gary DeVaney
The Gary DeVaney Version of the Alcoholic 12-Step Program.
This is Gary DeVaney's 1-12-step counter to AAs 1-12 step program as a result of this question. Is Alcoholics Anonymous just another denomination of the Christian sect? They believe in a higher power / God.
AA Version First. Gary DeVaney's Version Second
1. We admit that we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.
1. I now know that I am addicted to a feeling. I now admit that I have the power to identify and control my genetic feeling(s) that craves alcohol.
2. I now know that my taking control of my genetic feeling(s) can control my sanity.
3. We make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understand Him.
3. I have no evidence of any supernatural God. I now have decided to take charge, identify, isolate and control my damaging, genetic feelings. I now know that as long as I won't - I can't.
4. We make a search and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
4. I now will identify, isolate, control, re-program and shut-down my genetic feeling(s) that crave alcohol.
5. We will admit to God, to ourselves and to another Human Being the exact nature of our wrongs.
5. I now accept my responsibility to identify and isolate my addicted, genetic feelings. Through my habit of drinking, I have reinforced those feelings and they have loyaly obeyed my will and my actions. I now will learn and change my will and to change my behavior. I will now command my errant, genetic feeling(s) to stand down.
6. We are entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
6. I now will consciously order my feelings to re-program my ever-evolving genes to shut-down the addicted feeling(s).
7. We humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
7. I now will consciously re-program and supervise my genes to shut-down and control my addicted feeling(s). As long as I will change, I can change.
And continues ......
To check out the full text visit the link: